Lavender’s history begins 2500 years ago in the Mediterranean, Middle east, ancient Egypt, and India. It naturally reduces inflammation, lessens pain, and cleans the surface of the skin. The Romans used Lavender to scent their baths, beds, clothes and even hair. They also discovered its medicinal properties. You can use ANSHI Soothing Lavender anywhere on the body or face. Here are the 10 Ways to Use Lavender Topically:
1. Relieves Anxiety - Studies have shown that lavender can have a positive effect on symptoms associated with anxiety. One study, for example, found that lavender oil’s effects on anxiety were comparable to that of lorazepam, a common anti-anxiety drug.
2. Eases Insect Bites - Lavender works in two ways for insect bites. It acts as an insect repellent, and it can relieve itching after a bite occurs. Insect bites cause redness, itching, and pain. They can sometimes become infected. Lavender oil helps relieve insect bites by warding off bacteria and reducing inflammation. It also naturally helps relieve pain. Lavender oil also works well for treating poison ivy. It even deters flies and other pests.
3. Relaxes Stressed Muscles - Lavender oil can be used to soothe aching muscles and joints. The anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties in Lavender oil are quite effective for treating pains that arise from muscle stress and tension. Lavender oil can also ease swelling and improve blood circulation. It is excellent for relieving the muscle spasm caused by mental stress and anxiety.
4. Stops Hiccups - Lavender is known to relax the muscles. Hiccups are caused by involuntary contractions of your diaphragm - the muscle that separates your chest from your abdomen and plays an important role in breathing. So it's no wonder that this can stop a bad case of the hiccups! Quick-tip: apply under your nose and inhale 10 times, hold breath, and deeply exhale. Rub on chest and neck until the hiccups stops. Continue to breathe normally.
5. Soothing Shower Scrub - The aromatherapy benefits of lavender are widely known. The steam from the shower will help create an unforgettable aromatherapy experience that will help you ground and center yourself. Lather all over the body - don’t forget the spine and back of the neck! Did you know, the name Lavender comes from the Latin verb, "lavare," which means to wash?
6. Calms Rashes - Due to its anti-inflammatory properties lavender is great for rashes and skin conditions like eczema. It’s anti-microbial and anti-fungal properties can also help speed the healing of rashes causes by bacteria. It can even help soothe an inflamed sunburn and healing of scars, just reapply as needed.
7. Clears Diaper Rash - Researchers found that lavender oil promotes the healing of skin tissue. The oil’s pain-relieving and numbing effects help soothe the inflammation, while the beta-caryophyllene in the oil also acts as a natural anti-inflammatory.
8. Promotes Sleep - People have used lavender to promote relaxation and sleep for centuries. It’s lavender’s most common use. It’s not just because it reminds you of the comforting smell of your granny’s house. Lavender oil is mainly linalyl acetate and linalool, which are chemicals that are both rapidly absorbed into the bloodstream. Studies on mice have shown that these compounds inhibit several neurotransmitters and have a sedative and pain-relieving effect. In humans, lavender also lowers the heart rate and reduces anxiety.
9. Cools Hot Flashes - Lavenders numbing effects can help cool you down and soothe hot flashes. Lavender is so effective at soothing hot flashes that simply inhaling it lowers the frequency of hot flashes! Given that lavender is known for inducing an overall sense of calm, it’s no wonder that it has this effect on hot flashes.
10. Relaxes Teeth Grinding/TMJ - Lavender has proven anti-inflammatory properties. It has also been shown to be effective against nerve pain. Lavender has even been proven to be an antispasmodic. Since these are all potential sources of TMJ pain, this makes lavender one of the most promising essential oils for TMJ relief.
The antioxidant-rich lavender oil in ANSHI’s Soothing Lavender also makes it a great natural moisturizer for the body and face. Antioxidants help protect the skin from free radicals - which are partly to blame for fine lines and wrinkles. It can even help with lightening hyper-pigmentation and dark spots. Apply once or twice a day as needed.
Lavender's widespread presence is understandable due to its gorgeous flowers, its enchanting scent and its substantial uses. Lavender is a game-changer when applied to the skin and has been used by people for thousands of years. ANSHI's spin on the popular flower allows you to experience lavender like never before. With only 6 all natural and food-grade ingredients including: lavender essential oil whipped with carrier oils and our unique use of pink Himalayan salts, all allowing for maximum absorption of this powerful plant. ANSHI Limited Edition Soothing Lavender is available now for purchasing while supplies last.
As always, ANSHI’s Limited Editions raise money for a cause. 50% of all profits from Soothing Lavender will be donated to Rettland Foundation in honor of Claire English, which is super close to heart for the ANSHI team. Claire lived with Rett Syndrome and loved ANSHI Classic Pink Salt mixed with lavender oil was her favorite. Our CEO, Janelle, created ANSHI for her daughter Raegan who also lives with Rett Syndrome. Rettland Foundation helps families impacted by Rett Syndrome like Claire and Raegan’s families. We can’t wait for you to experience lavender like never before! Click here to shop now.
Learn more about Rettland by clicking here.
Shop Limited Edition Soothing Lavender by clicking here.