Before bed is a peaceful and zen time, great for relaxation, winding down, and time for reflecting our your day, week, life, whatever! It's important to bring routine into your life, whether it be a simple bedtime routine you can follow, or a bathing ritual, even just taking 2 minutes out of your busy life to show yourself some TLC. Sometimes routines can be difficult to implement and then follow. We make that easy here at ANSHI. Here's a quick 1-2 step 5 minute bedtime routine that will make your skin look great, feels amazing, and all for a fine price. Pick one variety and start today!
The 5 ways to use ANSHI before bed:
1. Total Healing Turmeric - the best night cream. Really lather it on and lay it on thick if you need a heavy overnight cream. If you are looking for something more on the airy or light side then you can apply a dab on the chin and cheeks, a tiny dab under the eyes, and the t-zone if you need it (if you have oily skin through your t-zone then skip this area). You can also substitute Turmeric for Detox Aloe if Turmeric is not your speed.
Optional second step: use Detox Aloe or Classic Pink Salt as an all-natural make-up remover! Imagine it as a natural Ponds or oil-based make-up remover. Wash your face with your chosen cleanser then follow with small dab of Aloe or Pink Salt on each eye and wipe away with a tissue, cotton round, or clean hand towel.
2. Nurturing Peppermint - dealing with any muscle tension or a headache before bed? Add a dab of Nurturing Peppermint to your temples, forehead, behind the ears, down the spine, and wherever else you are feeling tense. You can also try it as a shower or bath scrub if you bathe at night, it's super relaxing - you'll get the best sleep of your life guaranteed. Also, the aromatherapy benefits don't hurt, especially if you're feeling stuffy or have any sinus pressure.
Pro-tip: rub it in the nostrils and under the nose, throat, back of neck, armpits, and bottoms of the feet for any cold or flu symptoms or if you're feeling feverish. (Pretty much anywhere you would rub Vicks' VapoRub - a household staple for many families, however, it's time to throw yours out and switch to ANSHI because have you checked Vicks' ingredient list?! Google search: "is camphor toxic?"...just saying).
3. Detox Aloe - if you ate a big dinner this is your go-to. Take a big scoop (TBSP size) out and rub your belly in a clockwise rotation (as if you had a clock on your stomach facing out). Massage in this circular rotation for 2-10 minutes depending on severity. This is also great for your kids if they get upset tummies; you can do this for them and teach them how to take care of themselves too!
Optional second-step: use this as an aftershave on the legs or on the face. Sub for turmeric if you get red shaving bumps or a lot of irritation. About a TBSP size scoop for the legs and a TSP for the face).
4. Classic Pink Salt - already using essential oils before bed? This will change the game. Choose your favorite night-time essential oil and add 2-10 drops per 1 TBSP of ANSHI Pink Salt and turn your favorite oil into a rub that you can apply anywhere on the body or face. Avoid the eyes to prevent irritation.
5. Limited Edition Soothing Lavender - if you have trouble falling asleep at night or if you have insomnia then you need this in your life! Apply this all over the shoulders, neck, chest, down the spine, temples, under the nose, and bottom of the feet for best results. This has helped so many people fall asleep quicker and get more peaceful and restful sleep.
Pro-tip: if you practice meditation then this is great to do right before your nighttime meditation. Lavender is one of the best essential oils for meditation because its calming properties can put your mind in the right frame to achieve clarity and enlightenment from meditation. Make sure to apply Soothing Lavender under or in the nose and deeply inhale.
Chime in and let us know how you like using ANSHI before bed, or another bedtime routine that you would like to share! We'd love to hear from you.
To shop all ANSHI varieties please click here.